Monday, November 28, 2011

The End, My Friends

I’m done with Annie’s. I’m sure I was thorough enough, but of course if you have any lingering, burning questions, I have an inbox. I just wanted to throw out a few thoughts on the future of Annie’s:

Environmentalism isn’t going away anytime soon, not with the threat of climate change permeating society, but as the company grows it does risk losing focus and allying itself with someone, maybe another company or investment firm, who uses less savvy practices. For example, if Annie’s was bought out by Kraft, suspicions about its new corporate overlords could destroy the company.

Annie’s recently hired a marketing firm, TDA, a brand new step from the marketing strategy that was devised by Withey herself and was very successful. It is surviving the recession relatively unscathed, so Annie’s will be around in the near future, but as it continues to grow many opportunities and pitfalls will appear – it just has to watch out and pick the right ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment